This is your one stop for everything you need to present during the DISTRIBUTECH+ Series. Here you can find your social graphics, templates, deadlines, tips, and FAQs.
March 24 – 25, 2021
Digitalization and Data Analytics
- Speaker photo, short bio and company logo are due Monday, March 8th.
- Draft presentations are due on Monday, March 15th and final presentations are due Friday, March 19th.
- Platform training dates are TBD . Each session will have its own specific training session with our webcast managers to learn the platform and feel comfortable. All speakers should try to be on the same training call as the rest of the presenters in their session.
- Live sessions will take place on Wednesday, March 24th and Thursday, March 25th.
May 24-25, 2021
Distribution Automation and Outage Management
- Speaker photo, short bio and company logo are due Monday, May 10th.
- Drafts of presentations are due on Monday, May 17th and final presentations are due Friday, May 21st.
- Platform trainings dates are TBD. Each session will have its own specific training session with our webcast managers to learn the platform and feel comfortable. All speakers should try to be on the same training call as the rest of the presenters in their session.
- Live sessions will take place on Monday, May 24th and Tuesday, May 25th.
Platform training– Each session will have platform training with one of our webcast managers. Speakers will be sent a calendar invitation from one of our webcast managers. In the outlook invite, there will be a specific Zoom link to use for the training. You must be able to access Zoom for the training and live session.
Live session– You will be sent a calendar invitation from one of our webcast managers. It will include the 15 minutes we would like you to log in early so that we can check audio/video and communicate a few last minute instructions.
- Click on Zoom link in outlook calendar invite. You must use your specific link as each person in the session has a different, specific link.
- Make sure your camera is on. Our webcast manager will check your camera and microphone to make sure the audience can see and hear you.
- The webcast manager will send out a long link in the Zoom chat box. You can click the hyperlink or copy and paste it and it will take you to the Glisser platform. We recommend you use Google Chrome. We have found other browsers are not as compatible with the Glisser platform which is how you will present your slides.
- We recommend that if you have two screens, you have Glisser on one screen (the screen with your camera) and Zoom on the other.
- Pay close attention to the Zoom chat box. The webcast manager will let you know when to turn on your camera and microphone and other helpful tips.
- On the Glisser website, you will have control of your slides. Everyone who is speaking in the session also has control of the slides so make sure the only person touching the slides is the person currently presenting.
- Make sure you are on mute if you are not currently presenting to avoid background noise.
- Under the “moderation” tab, you can see questions from the audience. These are not visible to the audience until you click the check mark box.
- Once the session is over, the Zoom meeting and Glisser slides will disappear and end abruptly. There is nothing more you need to do. Feel free to log into the audience side and attend other sessions.
- Your session will be made on-demand within 24 hours of the live session and available to the audience for at least 6 months.
Is there a template for my presentation?
Yes. Click the link above for the official DISTRIBUTECH+ Power Point template. Be sure to prepare your slides in 16:9 format. If your session is sponsored then a slide for the appropriate sponsor will be added at the time we upload your slides.
What format should my presentation be in?
Please send your PowerPoint presentation to the conference manager by the set deadline. Your presentation will be reviewed and then converted to PDF, so there is no need to spend time adding animations and transitions.
Will my presentation be made public after my session?
Yes, your presentation will be on-demand after the event. Your slides will not be distributed, but they will be available for viewing in the recording of your session post event.
How long should my short bio be?
Your bio should be no longer than one paragraph (6-8 sentences).
Will I be on camera during my session?
Yes, we prefer you to be on camera during your session. Make sure you are in a quiet space with good lighting. We recommend closing all other browsers and applications to give you the best possibly quality video.
I want to include a video in my presentation. How do I do that?
You may embed the video directly into your presentation or send a separate link. The video must be on YouTube or Vimeo.
Can I make changes to my presentation after I send it into the conference manager?
Yes, you can make small edits to your presentation. We ask that you do not make any more edits two days before your session.
Will I receive a calendar invite to block off time in my schedule for my session?
Yes, you will be sent a calendar invitation from conference manager with a Zoom link. You must use the Zoom link to login to your session. Please login to your session 15 minutes prior to your session. We recommend using Google Chrome.
I am moderating a session. Can I see the questions before they are made public to the audience?
Yes, Glisser provides a way for the moderator to see the questions before they are made public to the audience. There is a tab labeled “moderating.” This is where you can see the questions.
How will the training session work?
You will be sent a calendar invitation with a Zoom link specific to each speaker. Once in the Zoom meeting, a link to Glisser will be sent through the chat feature. If your slides have been sent to the conference manager on time, you should be able to go through the slides in the Glisser platform during your training call.